- The Eymir Culture Foundation was founded in 1986 in Istanbul in virtue of the donations of 240 founding members who were METU graduates.
- The Eymir Culture Foundation was granted the status of foundation for public benefit and tax exemption by the Ministerial Decree No 9172, dated 12.07.2005.
- The Eymir Culture Foundation, which is also extremely sensitive to the problems of our country, was the institution that first aided the people of the region in the 1999 Kocaeli earthquake together with the METU Istanbul alumni association and they have in a short time completed the construction of 430 earthquake houses, 3 social facilities, and 1 cultural center, game park and sports facility in Kocaeli and Değirmendere to serve the residents. This work was granted the United Nations Habitat Prize in 2000.
- In the 2011 Van earthquake, the Foundation was one of the first aiders. With the “METU in VAN” campaign led by the Foundation, an educational unit of 500 persons and an extremely modern girls’ dormitory for 192 was constructed within a year in the Van Yüzüncü Yıl University campus.
- The Eymir Foundation, in line with its mission, has been granting scholarships and organizing training activities for METU graduates since its foundation.
- Following the Kahramanmaraş earthquake, covering 10 provinces of Turkey and recorded as the disaster of the century, the association and the foundation, hand in hand, have accelerated their scholarship activities and devised new projects such as construction and technical support for re-construction of laboratories and classrooms of the İskenderun Technical University that cannot be used and preparation for an Istanbul earthquake.
This nostalgic service bus (the only one in Turkey), found in 1993 at the last minute in the Erdemli facilities as it was being thrown away as scrap, has gone through a sound renewal and its interior has been organized as a library.